The stories of Abraham are some of the best loved in the Bible. It is important that your children begin to hear these stories and learn their truths. One of the best and most effective ways to review Bible stories with children is to ask the ever-famous 5 “W” questions: who, what, when, where, why, and how (as a bonus). Here are 2 sets of questions that follow the 5 “W’s” along with their answers for the “Abraham’s Journey” and “God’s Promise to Abraham” stories found in Genesis 12 and 15. You can ask the questions or could have a nice hand or finger puppet ask the question. Have fun!
Questions for the story “Abraham goes to a new land”
1. What did God tell Abraham to do?
Answer: Go to a new land.
2. Who was Abraham supposed to leave?
Answer: His father and his people.
3. Where was Abraham supposed to go?
Answer: To the land that God would show him.
4. What kind of nation would God make Abraham, big or small?
5. How old was Abraham when he left home?
6. Who went with Abraham to the new land?
Answer: His wife Sarah and his nephew Lot and their helpers and their animals.
7. What was the name of the new land they were heading to?
Questions for the story “God’s promise to Abraham”
1. Where did God ask Abraham to look at the stars?
Answer: Up in the sky.
2. How many children would there be in Abraham’s family one day?
Answer: There are as many stars in the sky. Too many to count.
3. What did God say He would give Sarah’s wife?
Answer: a son.
4. What name were Abraham and Sarah going to call their son?