A stud is a small fastener that helps other fasteners stay connected. They are used primarily in the manufacturing sector due to their connection benefits. The main part of this fastener is its head, as it is very important to have a complete knowledge about the different types of screws before using them. There are several types of bolts available in the market depending on the different requirements. Here is a guide to help you understand the difference between various types of heads.
- Pan Head – This is the most common type of bolt that is curved and has a wide diameter. It can be easily installed with the help of a screwdriver; this makes it more popular than other screws. They are made of low-grade steel and are mainly used to join sheet metal.
- Armor head – These screws are extra wide and have a round head that facilitates their installation. It is the best type of bolt as it provides clamping support with less surface obstruction.
- Round head – A round head bolt is also known as a button head which is mainly used in wood connections. Due to their use, they are not strong enough to handle other materials, as they are only designed to support wood.
- Oval head – These bolts are also known as countersunk because they have a cone-shaped structure that has a round surface at the top. They come in different varieties to meet various needs. They fit into a counterbored hole and provide the best holding support.
- Hex head – This is the most preferred bolt compared to others. It has six heads that are mainly used for hitting a hole. They are specially designed for use in construction, repairs and automobiles, etc.
- Binding head – This is a common bolt that has a thick head and a long length. They are mainly used in electronic devices due to their corrosion resistant quality. They are mainly used in manufacturing sectors due to their thick head.
These differences mentioned above will help you choose the correct type of bolt that can meet your need effectively. These bras are available at a very nominal price that will not cost you much. You can ask the manufacturer to suggest the best bolt, based on your needs. It is very important to get the correct one, as the wrong screw can lead to disappointing results.